Tags

, , , , , ,

As I mentioned in my end season summary, there are going to be some slow weeks coming up. Well, this is definitely one of those weeks!

My arrow volume is finally back to where it was before my injury, and I will continue to increase that amount a little over the next few weeks.

As I continue to look for work, I frequently do little programming projects to learn new skills, refresh my existing skills, challenge myself, and hopefully create something I can add to my portfolio. My latest project is a replacement for the many spreadsheets that we use in my bowling league. This year, I have been appointed secretary / statistician of the league, and there’s a ton of data that needs to be maintained with lots and lots of formulas and calculations for high scores, handicaps, standings, and more! It’s been a long time since I did any sort of database design, and this one is quite complex!

IMG_20170922_211012

A couple of months ago, we had the opportunity to learn how to make bow strings from Sean at OCCS. I passed on it at the time, but Norm jumped at the chance. Now with the recent down time, I decided it would be a good time to learn, and on Friday Norm taught me how to make a recurve bow string. It took about an hour and it turned out great! I’m pretty excited to start making more too! I may just have to get/make my own jig so I can start making strings at home. Super special thanks to OCCS who let us borrow their jig!

 

IMG_20170922_211029

Advertisements